Setting goals and success criteria will help your team stay clear and focused on the most important performance indicators for their role. Once a Goal record is setup, your sales team members can track their progress from their Dashboards.
Let's get started.
2. Click +New in the top ribbon
3. Fill in required fields
- Name - The title of the record that best describes the Goal.
- Goal Owner - Who the Goal is for.
Goal Metric - How the Goal will be measured. You can add new Goal Metric records by clicking the magnifying glass next to the text box and then +New Goal Metric.
- Note that after the record is saved for the first time, this field becomes locked and the value cannot be edited.
- Manager - Lookup to the Goal Owner's Manager.
- Parent Goal - Lookup to other Goal records.
- Use Case Example: A "parent" Goal could be used to track the entire team's progress towards a revenue target. Then each member of the team has a "child" Goal with a portion of that target as their success metric.
5. Click the Targets tab
If applicable, add an integer value to the Target (Integer) field.
7. Click Actuals for a real-time progress report
10. Change Goal Manager
To assign a new Manager, click Change Goal Manager, then select the user and click Assign.
11. When complete, click Close Goal
Select the Status, Closed or Discarded, then click Deactivate.