You can add members to a committee directly or through a nomination process. To learn how to use the nomination process, click here. To add a committee member directly:
To add a committee member directly:
- Navigate to Cobalt Membership > Committees and open the committee you wish to add a member to.
- In the Members Toolbar select the + sign to add a new committee member.
- Enter the name of the committee member.
- Use the lookup to select or create a position for the new committee member.
- Fill in the Term Begin/End dates if the committee has termed membership.
- If you wish to manipulate where the new member will appear in the list of committee members you can adjust the Portal Sort Order.
- Click Save or Save & Close.
- You can confirm that the committee member has been added by clicking on the Committee Name which will take you to the Committee record. You should see that the member has been added to the list of Committee Members.
Positions, such as President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc. can be created from the Lookup when adding a committee member or by navigating to Committee Positions and clicking +New
Once the member has been added to a committee, a committee membership will be created.
- Committee - Lookup field to an existing committee this membership is for.
- Position - Lookup field to an existing committee position (ex: President) or where a new position can be created.
- Contact - Lookup field to an existing contact or where a new contact can be created.
- Term Begin Date - The date the committee membership began.
- Term End Date - The date the committee membership ends.
- Portal Sort Order - The order in which the committee memberships will display on the portal.