The meeting registration wizard is available both in CRM and on the portal. While the display is different, the function is mostly the same. This allows customers to register without contacting your staff, and allows staff to move through the process with the same easy to follow steps if they are contacted. The example below will take you through the wizard on the CRM side with notes about any important differences for the portal process.
(Note: This video utilizes an older version of the Cobalt Product; please keep that in mind when reviewing this video.)
3. The Meeting Details page allows you to view information about the Meeting and any Meeting Activities. Click the Register Now! button.
4. If the Meeting allows Group Registration, you can select one of the 3 options and click the Continue button.
- I am registering myself only - This takes you through the process to create a single Meeting Registration Record for the Contact.
- I would like to register myself and others. - This takes you through the process to create a Meeting Registration for the Contact, and then to create additional Meeting Registrations for other Contacts in the system.
- I do not want to register for the event but I would like to register others. - This allows you to skip Registration for the Contact and create Meeting Registrations for other Contacts in the System.
5. Select a registration fee and click continue.
Note: On the Portal, customers select the Meeting from the Calendar, or the Upcoming Meetings list, and click Register on the Meeting Details page. From here forward, the process for registering is the same through the Wizard and Portal. This page will appear even if there is only one Registration Fee available.
Additionally, you may have some Registration Fees that are set to "Display on Portal = No". These Fees will not show up in the Portal process, but they will appear in Meeting Registration Wizard as long as the Registration Fee dates are current.
6. If there is a Form set up for the Meeting, Questions will appear as designed on the Form. Once the required Questions have been answered, click the Continue button.
7. If the Meeting allows Attendees to bring Guests, the number of Guests can be selected here.
Note: If a Contact does not want to bring Guests, the field should remain blank.
If there are no Guest Registration Fees set up, this page will not appear.
9. If the Registrant would like to participate in any Meeting Activities, select them here and click Continue.
If there aren't any classes or activities then the page won't appear. If the attendee does not want to sign up for any additional activities or classes simply click continue to proceed to the next section.
If the activity or class allows for guest attendance you will also see your guests in the list and can register them for these additional functions here.
10. View the registration summary to confirm that all the entered information is correct and click Continue.
11. If you are registering multiple people you will be prompted to add the next attendee at this time. If you are finished entering attendees you can click Submit Registration and Pay.
Note: If you click Add Attendee, the Wizard repeats all of the steps from the Select Registration Fee page for each new person registered.
12. The system gives a final summary to allow you to confirm. Click Complete Registration and pay.
13. Enter credit Card information and click Continue. On the next screen, click Submit Payment.
14. Print the Confirmation Receipt if desired, or download the Meeting Registration information through iCal/ICS.
15. Close the wizard.
16. When a Meeting Registration is Submitted
- The Attendance fields on the Meeting Record are updated. If any registrants were waitlisted, the Waitlist fields on the Meeting Record are updated.
- A Registration Record is created for the person who went through the Registration process.
- Meeting Registration records are created for any people registered during the Registration process.
- Orders are created for all Meeting Registration Records.
- If any registrants elected to participate in Activities, Meeting Registration Activity Records are created.
- Orders are created for all Meeting Activity Registration Records.