Publication: Entity Definition
Marketing > Publications
Publications allow the organization to provide a subscription service that gives members access to magazines or other print or electronic material.
- Name - The name of the publication.
- Type - Indicates whether this publication is available by print, e-mail, or web.
- Termed - Set to yes if this publication renews on a termed basis.
- Term & Term Units - These 2 fields must be filled out if termed = yes. The combination of these fields determines the variable expiration date. If you want the subscription to be 12 months, you would enter 12 for term and select Months for term unit. Note that the options for term unit are Years, Months, Weeks and Days.
- Publish To Portal - Set to yes if this publication should be available for purchase via the portal.
- Portal Receipt E-mail Template - The template in this field will be sent to anyone who purchases the publication through the portal.
- Portal Receipt Report - The report in this field will be sent along with the Portal Receipt E-mail.
- Even Split on Remaining Schedule --Split the amount paid over the remaining about of time in the duration. For example, if the Publication has a one year term and a person pays halfway through the year, then 6 revenue recognition records will be generated for the amount due to be recognized over the next 6 months.
- Upfront - Split the amount paid over the entire recognition duration and immediately recognize past record. For example, if the Publication has a one year term and a person pays halfway through the year, then 12 revenue recognition records are generated and the first 6 months are recognized immediately as the "date recognized" will be in the past with 6 months remaining.
- Schedule - Monthly or Quarterly. The number of records will vary based on the duration of the Term.
- Use this subgrid to view and/or create a fee associated with the publication. All Publications must have a Fee (if the Publication has no cost, a $0 can be used on the Fee)