Certification Type records determine the kind of Certification record that will be created and the one that the applicant will receive if the Application is Completed. Certification Type records have two Application Types associated with them: Initial (First time certifications) and Continuing (Renewing existing certifications).
The purpose of the Certification Type record is to:
- control the certification expiration Grace Period
- link the Initial and the Continuing Certification Application Types to the appropriate Initial or Continuing Application Wizard
Navigating to the entity:
- Certification Module > Certification Types
Note: Below are the fields that are included in the Cobalt product. Depending on the version of code and any customization, the CRM may display somewhat differently.
- Name - A unique name for the Certification Type
- Continuing Application Wizard - A look up to the application processing wizard Service Configuration record
- Initial Application Wizard - A look up to the application processing wizard Service Configuration record
- Grace Period Value - The numeric value of your grace period
- Grace Period Unit - Drop down menu that allows you to specify day, week, month, or year
INITIAL CERTIFICATION APPLICATION TYPES
A sub-grid with links to all the Initial Certification Application Type records will display.
CONTINUING CERTIFICATION APPLICATION TYPES
A sub-grid with links to all the Continuing Certification Application Type records will display.