When a Product is purchased via the Portal's store, various records are created automatically in the Cobalt CRM as a result. This article outlines the records created once a Product is purchased, as well as what happens when an Order is not fulfilled.
1. An Order is created
- If payment was completed: the status will be "Fulfilled" and the status reason is "Paid".
- If payment was not completed: the status is "Active" and the status reason is "New".
2. If a Coupon was used, a Coupon Redemption is created
3. For Paid Orders:
- An Invoice record is automatically generated with a status/status reason of Fulfilled/Paid.
- An Invoice Payment record is created and applied to the Invoice.
- Invoice Distribution Records linking the Products with Payment will be created.
- If a Credit was used, an Invoice Credit is created.
- Corresponding GL Account Entries are created.
- A Batch Item is created with a status/status reason of Active/Not Posted.
4. For Unpaid Orders:
If the Order is not fulfilled on the back-end (CRM) within a specific amount of a time, the system may rollback, or delete, the record. This is under the assumption that the person did not actually intend on following through with the Order. Typically this time period is within 20 minutes, but in some systems this can take as long as 24 hours.