Initial Certification Requirements should be created for the Initial Certification Application Type record if Applications must meet certain criteria before being automatically or manually deactivated as Completed or Failed.
3. Complete required fields and any additional information.
Mode - The mode determines how this requirement will be completed.
- Manual - Manual requirements must be manually marked as completed by a staff user. These are good for items like Identity Verification or Documentation Review.
- Audit - This requirement mode specifies a staff member will need to manually review the application and complete the requirement, but only for a percentage of applications set to be flagged randomly. If the application is not flagged for audit, this will complete automatically.
- Query - Queried requirements allow you to query the system for other conditions to be met. For example, you could check to make sure that the applicant has completed a specific course before approving their application.
- Order Paid - This requirement will be completed when the order tied to the certification application is fulfilled/paid.
- Exam - This requirement will be completed when an exam linked to the application is passed.
- Command Text - This is an advanced requirement that allows you to enter T-SQL statements to define the condition(s) that must be met when the standard query requirement is not sufficient. These requirements should either be setup by Cobalt or a technical staff person with advanced knowledge of T-SQL statements.
- Manual Audit (Queried) -
*Note: Audit Mode
If you select Audit mode, you will need to complete the following fields. (If one of these fields is missing contact support to unlock it.)
Audit Flag - Designate which field is related to the Audit Flag so that those marked "No" will complete the requirement automatically. Typically, the field is cobalt_flaggedforaudit (as seen in the screenshot), but if another field is the trigger, you will need the schema, not just the display name. Note: If an application is flagged for audit, staff will need to complete audit tasks and then manually deactivate the requirement to complete it.
Audit Percentage - Set the percentage of applications which will be flagged for audit. Enter a number between 0-1.
*Note: Exam Mode
If you select Exam mode, then the following fields will need to be updated.
Exam Type - A look up to an exam type that will be associated with this application type.
Automatically Generate Test Application - Toggle this to Yes if you want the system to create the Test Application record as soon as the Exam requirement is set to Pending. If you would prefer to manually create the test applications, you can leave this defaulted to No.
Maximum Exam Attempts - Set the number of times an applicant can sit for the exam before this application requirement is marked as Failed, which would require the applicant to submit a new application to try again. It must be at least 1.
5. Add Prerequisite records if needed.
If requirements need to be completed in a specific order, you can create Prerequisites for any requirement so that one or more of the other requirements must be completed first.
Click on the following Article for steps to setup Prerequisite records: How to Setup Prerequisites for Initial Certification Requirements
What to Expect When you Change Requirements
If you add a new requirement, it will be added for Application records created from that point on. Requirements are not retroactive. So if you create a new one, it will not need to be met by people with an application that has already been submitted. If you find yourself needing to add a new requirement to all Applications, you can contact Cobalt Support to make the updates for you on the server. The same is true of removing a requirement.