If you have a Certification Application Requirement where the Mode field is set to Exam, then you will need to have Exam Type records and Test records set up in your system to fully automate the process.
The Exam Type record and the Test record are records used on the back-end in CRM that impact how the fields will be auto-populated on the Exam record and Test Application record, which are both specific to a Contact's Certification Application.
The purpose of the Test record is the place where the fee to take the certification exam is set. The Exam Type record links the Test record to all the Exam records, which are associated with specific Contacts.
Note: Depending on the version of code and any customization, the CRM may display somewhat differently, but will still include each of the mentioned components.
2. Create an Exam Type Record.
Enter values for the two fields:
- Name - A unique identifying name for the exam which usually includes the Certification Type name.
- Program Code - A unique exam/program code if applicable.
4. Create a new Test record or Add an Existing Test record.
4.2. If adding an existing Test record, type the name of the Test in the search box, press Enter in the search box, or click the magnifying glass icon to browse existing Test records.
4.2.1. Select the Test.
4.2.2. Click Add.
4.3. If creating a new Test record, click +New Record.
4.3.1. Select a record type to create.
A pop up may appear with the following message:
4.3.2. Enter values in the fields of the new Test record.
- Name - A unique name identifying the Test
- Test Code - An additional test code identifier if applicable
- Order Source - This field determines the order source if applicable. If none is set, the system will use the application order source specified on the Settings record. -Typically, the Initial Certification Application order source is used for Initial Certification Applications and the Continuing Certification Application order source is used for Continuing Certification Applications.
4.3.3. Click Save.
A Test Fees sub-grid will appear on the Test record upon saving the record for the first time.
4.4. Add Test Fee records to new or existing Test records.
4.4.2. Enter values in the fields.
- Name - The unique identifying name for the Test Fee
- Test - A lookup to the Test associated with the Fee. (This should be populated for you.)
- Product - A lookup to the Product you will use to charge for taking the Exam
- Registration Period Begin Date - The date Contacts can begin to register for the exam
- Registration Period End Date - The final date Contacts can register for the exam - Registration will be closed after the date.
- Testing Period Begin Date - The date Contacts who have registered will be able to take the exam
- Testing Period End Date - The final date Contacts who have registered will be able to take the exam - Testing will be closed after the date.
*You are not required to have registration/testing windows. If you do not complete those fields, then a Contact can log in at any point and register for and then take the exam.