Certification Types have two Application Types associated with them: Initial (First time certifications) and Continuing (Renewing existing certifications). To set up an initial certification application type:
2. Open a Certification Type record.
3. In the Initial Certification Application Types sub-grid, click +New Initial Certification Application Type, which will open up a blank Initial Certification Application Type record.
4. Fill out the required fields on the form (marked by a red asterisk *) and click Save.
- Name: The unique name for the Certification Application Type (any certification type can have more than one)
- Certification Type - A lookup to the certification type this application will be for.
- Application Form - Allows you to lookup to or create a form where you can create specific questions for applicants to answer as part of their application.
- Order Source - A lookup to an order source if you have one specifically for applications.
- Here you can specify the text that shows up on the Terms and Conditions page on the portal.
- Duration Type - Select Dated or Termed depending on your business practices.
- Duration Term Length - If you selected Termed, then set the numeric length of your term.
- Duration Term Units - If you selected Termed, then set the unit of time, days, weeks, months or years.
- Duration Day - If you selected Dated, select the day the certification will expire.
- Duration Month - If you selected Dated, select the month the certification will expire.
- Duration Years - If you selected Dated, select the year the certification will expire.
- Continuing Education Included - If the applicant will be required to submit Continuing Education Activities as part of the application, set the toggle to Yes. If not, keep it defaulted to No.
- Degrees Required - If the applicant will be required to have a degree for this application type, switch the toggle to Yes. If not keep it defaulted to No.