Use this wizard if you have received a large number of payments and wish to enter then into the system all at once. For example, if many customers send checks to renew their dues within a few weeks of each other, this wizard would be useful. Launch this wizard from the List View of all payments, not from a single payment record.
3. Complete the Bulk Entry form and click continue.
- Number of Transactions -- Total number of payment records being entered
- Batch Control Amount -- Total amount of value for the payment records being entered.
- Check Date (optional) -- The date on the check for the check records.
- Date Received (optional) -- The date the organization received the check.
- Batch -- Select a batch where the GL entries for these payments should go. If you do not select a batch, then the GL Entries/Batch items will be created in the default batches for the date you perform the import.
- Amount --- Amount on each check record. (For example if the checks are all for $15 you can put 15.00 here and the amount field will populate for you).
4. Fill in details for each payment record and click continue
- Customer --Begin typing the name of the individual and a drop down will show up so that you can select the correct record. Repeat this for each payment.
- Order - Once you have the customer, you will be able to select an open order from the Order drop down.
- Balance - Once you select an order, the balance due on the order will appear automatically.
- Amount - If you entered this on the first page, then the amount is auto-populated for you. If you did not, or you need to make a change, you can adjust the amount here.
- Type - Select Check or Cash
- Check # (optional) - You simply type in the check number from the check.
- Date (optional) - If you entered this on the first page, then the date is auto-populated for you. If you did not, or you need to make a change you can adjust it here.
- Received (optional) - If you entered this on the first page, then the date is auto-populated for you. If you did not, or you need to make a change you can adjust it here.
- Account Holder (optional) - If you want to include Account Holder information from the check, you can enter that information here.
5. The system will check for errors and provide you with the option to continue or stop the process.
If an order can't be found or you are trying to enter a larger payment than the balance of the order, or anything else is wrong with the entry you will be notified before proceeding.
Once the records are correct you can submit and the system will generate the payment records and apply them to the orders.