Discount lists allow you to reduce the price for customers who buy products in bulk.
1. Create a Discount List:
1.2. Select an existing Discount List or Click +New to create a new one.
1.3. For a new list you will need to set the following fields.
- Name: The name of the discount list.
Type: Select the type of discount that will be given.
- Percentage: The discount given will be a percentage of the total products ordered related to this price list item.
- Amount: The discount given will be a flat dollar amount off of the total products related to this price list item that are ordered. If you select amount you will also select currency type. This should default to your default currency.
2. Create a Discount:
2.2. Click +New Discount to create a new Discount.
2.3. Enter Required Fields and Save.
- Begin Quantity: The minimum amount of a product that needs to be ordered to receive the discount.
- End Quantity: The maximum amount of a product that can be purchased that is eligible for a discount.
The last field will match the discount type you set on the discount list:
- Amount: The value in this field will be the flat dollar amount reduced from each product the order related to this discount.
- Percentage: The value in this field will be the percentage reduced from each product the order related to this discount.
3. Connect the Discount List to a Product:
4. When a discount is applied:
Discounts will be applied automatically when Orders are paid through the portal or through wizards in the CRM. When placing the Order, the discount will be reflected in the Subtotal line item, but not the Discount line item.
- The Discount line item will reflect any additional price reductions, such as manually given discounts or coupon redemptions.
- The Detail Amount on the Order will reflect the discounted price.
- The Detail Amount on the Invoice will reflect the discounted price.
- There will be a GL Account entry, "Invoice Discount," for the amount that was discounted from the order.