If your organization sells taxable products, you can set up the tax tables in your system and set your products to charge the tax automatically. You can get to tax tables from a Product record or via the Cobalt eCommerce app.
2. Edit an existing tax table or create a new one by clicking +New.
2.1. If you are creating a new tax table give it a name and Save.
3. From the Tax Table entity, create a new Tax Table Entry.
4. Fill Out Required Fields and Save.
- Name -- Name of the Tax Table Entry
- Tax Table - Should automatically populate for the tax table you started from.
- General Ledger Account - If you have specific accounts for tax income you can select it here, or set the default account.
- Tax Rate - The percentage of tax, usually available in an online search if you don't know for sure.
- Postal Code - The postal code that should be used for reference when generating the tax.