Receipts are a custom activity that get created when an Order is paid. The Receipt record will be associated with whatever record the Order was generated for -- meeting registrations, dues items, certification applications, etc.
You can locate the Receipt record by going to the related records and looking for Activities. You can also use the "Timeline" section if it exists, or create an Advanced Find for Receipts. These activities are automatically generated when a Payment is received through any process that will accept a payment. An email is also sent via workflow to the customer once the Receipt is created.
- Subject: The name of the record; this is automatically generated using the Regarding field's record entity and the date created.
- Customers: The link to the Account/Contact associated with the Order.
- Regarding: The link to the record associated with the receipt (Registration, Application, Renewal, Order, etc.).
- Priority: Set to "Normal" by default.
- Start Date: Field is blank - it is a part of a standard Activity form.
- Due Date: Field is blank - it is part of a standard Activity form.
- Owner: Will auto-populate to the administrator user record, as receipts are generated automatically by the system.
- Preview: A tab that displays a preview of the receipt to be received by the customer.