End-to-end organizational (account-based) membership is now supported completely out of the box. A contact with the appropriate permissions can submit a membership application on behalf of an Account.
- An active Account record
- An active Contact record
- The Contact record should have an active Contact Affiliation record for the Account.
- The Contact Affiliation record should have the appropriate Portal Role to apply for Account-based membership.
To apply for Account-based membership:
- Log into the portal as a Contact with a Contact Affiliation with an active Account record.
- Start the Account Membership Application process.
- Once completed, navigate back to CRM and to the membership application record.
- The "Submitted By" field should be the Contact that was logged in.
- The "Account" field should be set to the Account record that is related to the Contact
- The "Contact" field will be left blank
- The "Join Date", "Expiration Date" membership date fields are updated appropriately.
To renew an Account-based membership:
- Log in to the portal as a Contact with a Contact Affiliation with an eligible Account record.
- Click on "Renew your Account based Membership"
- Complete the renewal process. Navigate back to CRM.
- Navigate to the Dues Item that was created.
- Verify that the "Paid By" field contains the Contact that paid for the Dues Item on behalf of the Account
- Navigate to the Membership record.
- Verify that the membership dates are updated appropriately.